Beaded dog collars are a great way to add flair and style to your pup's favorite accessory and protect it from sun damage. Since they come in a variety of shapes and colors, you can find the perfect one for your dog’s personality! Read on to learn more about what makes these collars so great and how you can make one for your furry best friend.
Beaded Dog Collars
: What makes them so great?
- Beaded dog collars are a great way to show off your pup's personality while protecting their neck from the sun.
Beaded dog collars come with small beads that are tied into place with string.
There are two main types of beaded dog collars, flat and round. Flat beaded collars resemble more of a strap than they do a collar, while round beaded collars have more flare and look like necklaces for dogs! You can find these in different colors and shapes, which means there is one out there for every pup's personality.
How to make beaded dog collars
When it comes to beaded dog collars, the sky's the limit when it comes to design. You can make one with your dog’s favorite color, pick beads with a specific meaning for them, or even mix and match materials. They're fun and easy to make!
To create your own beaded dog collar, follow these steps:
- Find a pattern that you like or design your own. You can find several on Etsy or Google Images.
- Gather supplies. You will need beads of varying sizes in colors of your choice, thread in coordinating colors, scissors, a needle with a threader, or a large needle for cording.
- Cut two lengths of thread in two different colors for each side of the collar (a stand-out color and a more subtle color). Add about 2 inches in length to each for tying knots later.
- Thread the needle with one piece of thread and knot both ends together securely on one side of the collar so that they are parallel to each other. This is called "cording."
- Begin stringing beads onto the cord according to the pattern you chose. Knot cord every 1-2 inches as you go along so that it does
Beaded dog collar necklace
- A beaded dog collar necklace is a great way to protect your pup's collar. Plus, they provide an excellent opportunity to show off your pup's style and personality.
- This accessory is different from the traditional collar because it rests on top of the neck instead of around it. This makes it easier for pups to move around and keeps them comfortable.
Beaded dog collar necklaces are made with durable nylon material and come in a variety of colors and textures such as glitter, sequins, and fur! Some even have ribbons on the end that dangle for some extra flair.>>>
Types of Beads
Beads are not just for jewelry! Beaded dog collars come in a variety of materials, shapes, and colors.
One type of bead features a button-on clasp for easy on and off access. Another type of bead is a fabric loop that can be adjusted to your pup’s size or style preference. Yet another type of bead consists of a woven polyester strap with clasps on both ends to hold it securely in place.
Choose the right beads for matching your pup's personality and preferences!
Materials Needed for Creating a Collar
To create your own beaded dog collar, you will need the following materials:
- - Beads in various sizes and colors
- - A thin strip of faux suede or leather
- - Thread
- - Scissors
- - A sewing needle
The beads you use should fit nicely on the width of the fabric. You can also use a variety of colors for a more personalized touch. If you’re using smaller beads, they may need to be glued onto the fabric with a hot glue gun. The hot glue will make it easier to string the beads onto the ribbon later.
How to Make a Beaded Dog Collar
- You can make a beaded dog collar for your pup out of any fabric or ribbon. You'll also need to pick up some string, beads, and scissors.
First, cut the fabric into two strips that are about 17" long.
A great way to grow your business is by using SEO. However, many small businesses don't have the time, skills, or expertise necessary to handle everything that comes with a solid SEO strategy. From keyword research to content evaluation, from page optimization to internal linking, it's easy for companies to end up with a generic web presence that doesn't inspire engagement or drive conversions. In this post we'll tackle key outsourcing operations and how they can benefit your business - and why SEO can't be entirely outsourced.
Beaded dog collars are easy to make. All you need is a length of cotton fabric, needle and thread, an assortment of beads in various sizes, and a piece of ribbon or elastic for the closure.
To start, measure the length around the neck of your dog's favorite collar. You'll want to add about 3 inches to this measurement so that there is enough room to turn the fabric right-side out once it's sewn. Cut two pieces of fabric using this measurement plus one inch for seam allowance on each side.
- Next, place one piece of fabric on top of the other with the wrong sides facing inwards. Sew up both edges with a ½-inch seam allowance — this will leave you with two rings made from the fabric when you're finished.
You'll now want to fill these rings with beads along the inside seam line (this will be difficult if your fabric is slippery). Place small beads in between larger ones; make sure they are tight, but not too tight or they may tear through your stitches. Once you've filled up all the space with beads, sew up both sides again with ½-inch seam allowance to create another ring (this time without any extra room for turning). Repeat
Measure Your Dog's Neck
and Match the Collar to Those Measurements
- Different breeds of dogs require different-sized collars, and it's important to measure your dog's neck before buying a collar. Gather a piece of string and wrap it around your dog's neck. Make sure that it is tight enough for you to fit two fingers between the string and your dog's neck. Mark the length of the string on a ruler or measuring tape. If you don't have one of those around, you can measure with a standard-sized piece of paper by wrapping it around your pup's neck, marking off how long it is, and then dividing by two to get the width.
For example, if your paper was 2 feet in length and 1 foot in width when wrapped around your pup’s neck, then 12 inches would be half of the total measurement (12/2=6). That means that 6 inches would represent one-half inch.
Once you have the size measurement in inches, measure that against our chart below. The corresponding size will be listed next to each measurement in inches:
Cut the String
Beaded dog collars are made of two pieces of string, one for the neck and the other for the leash. You can start with a basic beaded dog collar or make your own.
For this DIY project, you will need:
- -A strip of fabric to tie around your dog's neck (if you want)
Start by cutting your string into two equal lengths. Fold one in half and tie it securely in place around your dog's neck. It should be about an inch shorter than the circumference of your pup's neck. Bunch and wrap the other end around and pin it on top. This is the loop that will hold the leash on one end and slip onto your pup's collar on the other end.
Tie the Knots
- One of the best features of beaded dog collars is that they are durable and easy to clean. If your pup gets wet, you can simply remove the collar, dry it off, and put it back on.
- Collars come in a variety of shapes and sizes. You can find one for any breed or size! You can also make your own by using beads of different colors and patterns. This will make the perfect statement piece for your pup’s wardrobe.
- Be sure to follow manufacturer instructions when making your own collar so you don't accidentally put too much pressure on the neck, which could cause injury to your pup!
strand slideshow swipe navigate wood single custom custom custom hand hand hand hand hand hand marketplace global candy buckle arrows mobile device comfort left durability store store store unique unique unique unique unavailable unavailable unavailable unavailable unavailable item item item item item item