Does your dog get enough exercise? Is she a couch potato? Well, if both answers were yes, then more exercise may be the solution. While it may or may not be easy to give your dog the extra juice she needs, it is always a good idea to get her some exercise. Here are some ways that you can let your dog Exercise with you.
1. Talk your dog barking at you to death! This is the ultimate way to show your dog that barking at you is not going to win her any prizes. So how does this work? Well, you simply yell at your dog whenever she barks at you and then you ignore her. Keep yelling until you no longer hear her bark, and then at that point if she starts barking again, just yell some more and attach the leash to your dog and attach the end of your arm to it. Wait until she is quiet, and then let your dog know that she is being very good and reward her with lots of hugs and kisses.
2. One of the other ways that you can exercise your dog is to use collars and leashes. There are specific collars that you can use that are made to stimulate your dog to do something that you want them to do. These collars are made to stimulate your dog and to teach her what is right and what is wrong. These types of collars are very effective in getting your dog to learn what is allowed and what is not.
3. Does your dog like to carry stuff in his mouth... like a ball or her bed? Well, if this is the case, you want to place the item into your dog's mouth when your close by. With the leash attached to your dog's collar, let him run around and then attach the leash to his collar. Now, your dog will want to chase after the item that you have and bring it back to you. Your dog has to learn that the leash means "use the bathroom", and that when you are doing this, you want to be right next to your dog.
4. Does your dog bark all the time... and will your neighbors be Pricing you out of town if you keep this up? One way that you can stop barking dogs that are attached to you is by giving them dog treats. If you want to get a dog to stop barking, all you have to do is pair the treats with the act of barking, and your dog will learn what is on the other side of the treat. So, in order to get those treats, your dog has to stop barking.
5. Are you at home enough with your dog? I know that it will be hard in the beginning when you first get a dog and it is just what you want to do when you are at home, but you will be happy in the long run because your dog is comfortable and it knows that you are the alpha that it is supposed to be. So, if you are home with your dog, and you are paying attention to it, and rewarding it for being a good dog, your dog will learn to behave.
6. Last, if your dog is young, you can get them a food dispenser. All you have to do is you just set it up next to where you eat and it will give your dog food when you are done. If you want to go even further with this, you can also get a food dispenser that you simply feed the dog the treats in front of you, and then the dog can eat from your hand.
You see, it is very easy to get a dog to behave, and the best part is that you can experiment on these methods, and find out what works best for you and your dog.